Sunday, April 10, 2011

How to Properly Break Your Ankle: Days 57 - 60

After weeks of being deprived of some of the coolest kids I know (Forrest and Savannah), I was finally invited over to their place for a potluck.
The potluck was said to start at six at their place and for once I arrived almost on time. The moment I got there, it all kind of looked like this:
*crickets chirp*

Slowly, people showed up, and once everyone was there it was brought to my attention that everyone knew about me with the following conversation occurring multiple times in slightly different ways.
Person: "So uh, how did you do that?" *points to ankle*
Me: "Oh, I was bouldering with these kids," *points to Forrest and Savannah* "and I fell."
Person: "Oooooooh! You're that friend!"
Me: *laughs* "Yeah, that's me."
Proud moment #57

The potluck ended as any potluck would, people slowly started to trickle out as the night went on. I finally decided to leave when I considered I still had to make a 40 minute drive back home. But I did not leave without attempting a live action crutch shuffle for Ms. Savannah Russell.

Don't try this at home.


A few days later, a friend invited me to check out the Torrey Pines Glider Port with him. Before I had gotten down there, it seemed to have slipped his mind that I was on crutches and he wanted to take this treacherous path down to the beach below. With one look at it I quickly informed him that wasn't happening.
Cliff of DOOM.

He managed to make up for it though because I got to experience my first piggy back ride as an injured person.
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Afterwards, we watched 2001: A Space Odyssey. I proceeded to have my mind blown yet again.


Then I spent my Tuesday eagerly anticipating Wednesday.
Disneyland, Disneyland, Disneyland, Disneyland!!

No comments:

Post a Comment