Sunday, January 23, 2011

How to Properly Break Your Ankle: Days 2 - 4

Wake up, it's 4 AM. But I don't know that until I ask the nurse. "Is it AM or PM? What day is it?"
The nurse chuckles and pats me on the head, "It's the 17th and it's 4 AM."
Keep in mind, I broke my ankle on the 15th, so my reaction went a lot like this:
Then the nurse said, "Oh sorry, I meant the 16th."
Crisis: averted. Back to a safe slumber.

The hospital was filled with lots of boring stuff. Constant temperature check-ups, as well as blood pressure and oxygen level checks. My first nurse, Nurse Kathy, was one of the coolest nurses ever. She gave me rubber bands for when I would finally shower. Also, she said that I looked like her best friend and showed me pictures to prove it. And told everyone else in the hospital so I had visitors who continuously came in saying "Oh yeah, Kathy's right. You can tell with the eyebrows. And the hair style." Speaking of visitors, the best visitor I had during my stay was a visit from Surgeon Unicorn. (oooohs and aaaaahs are appropriate at this point).
"Unicorn loves you, do you love Unicorn?"
Surgeon Unicorn came to visit the second night I was in the hospital, a night I was much more conscious for. Surgeon Unicorn also comes with three other catch phrases to help release his unicorn powers. "Please don't be sad, it will make me cry." "Come prance with me!" And, the best one "Weeeeee! Unicorn power!!"
Surgeon Unicorn was also kind enough to bring my sister and her boyfriend with him for a special visit that night. Our hangout looked kind of like this:

Days later, just before being release from the hospital, I learned that Surgeon Unicorn turned me into:

*dramatic music* *fade out*

No comments:

Post a Comment