Monday, January 31, 2011

How to Properly Break Your Ankle: Days 5 - 13

After only a day and a half of being home, I got physical proof of being turned into a cyborg.

There's a total of 9 pieces of metal in my ankle.

Other than that shocking revelation, nothing really exciting can happen when you have to keep your foot elevated to stop the throbbing in your ankle. So, to keep myself busy, I got a fort. It looked kind of like this:


Then, on the 7th day, I got a cast! It was purple to match my hair. The cast completely upgraded my fort so now it looked like this:
can you see the difference?

Although, the guy, Ken (like Barbie and Ken) who put my cast on was really funny. He told me about how he broke himself when he fell three stories in college. He would fix people's roofs to pay for college. His motivation for me was "if he could do it, I could do it." He was a total BAMF. He finished high school and college on crutches. I can only hope one day I can be as awesome as him. I imagine it would look a little like this:
I would expect my hair to be orange to match the awesome-ness.
(dedicated to Kevin Mathew)
Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment