Saturday, March 12, 2011

How to Properly Break Your Ankle: Days 39 - 46

The excitement began about a week in advance. A conference known as TMS (it has something to do with materials engineering) was taking place in San Diego from February 27th through March 3rd. Due to its proximity to San Luis Obispo -about 5 hours when it's not raining- Cal Poly MatEs had decided they were going to go. And, one of the coolest girls I know, Sarah Baker, wanted to crash at my parent's place to save me from myself.
With the okay from my mom, I was counting down the days until Sarah was to show up.


Then, a little less than a week before Sarah was to show up, even better news was delivered via phone call.
Sarah: "Hey, so you know I'm coming down on Friday, right?"


I updated my calendar and did a little dance.


I sat around and willed Friday night to come faster. I looked very similar to this:


The day came, Sarah picked me up and we hung out until the early morning hours.


Saturday was an important day. We got up, toured the Self Realization Garden in Encinitas, looked at the beach, and even did a drive by of Legoland.


Then night fell and our alter egos, Rogue and Crutch Girl, came out to play.


All was going along perfectly fine. Then the worst happened, it started raining. Unbeknown to both Rogue and herself, Crutch Girl's number two weakness is Water. Her number one weakness is Metal.
This was all discovered in only the most appropriate of ways. Rogue and Crutch Girl were walking along the street with a group of friends. Suddenly, Wet Metal Man jumped out of the bushes and blocked Crutch Girl's path. Crutch Girl fell to the ground in a state of confusion while Rogue used her flame throwing powers to defeat Wet Metal Man.


After the defeat of Wet Metal Man, Rouge realized that Crutch Girl was in no state to move forward on her own. Rogue used her powers of transportation to move Crutch Girl and all their friends to an ice cream parlor where everyone celebrated.
A victorious conclusion to the adventures of Rogue and Crutch Girl.

The following morning, we were back to our normal selves. Sarah had some boring conference stuff to do and I decided to spend the day being extra productive.


By Monday we decided to hang up our alter egos for the remainder of Sarah's visit and went exploring.


Suddenly Tuesday morning was upon us and the adventures of Rouge and Crutch Girl were to be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment