Tuesday, July 12, 2011

How to Properly Break Your Ankle: Days 62 - 65

Perk number 127 about being broken and shopping: electric carts.

Both of my electric cart experiences were when I was with my dad. The first one happened at a Costco. We were just walking in together, minding our own business, when the greeter stops me and says, "Would you like an electric cart today?"
I light up like a little kid looking at presents and say, "Sure!"
I get in and the fun begins.
Weeeeeeeeeeee!

My dad is a big believer in doing things your own way. It always has some joke side of it, but once I got in this cart, he was all for me running down the slow people. To be honest, if I'm going faster than you in an electric cart, you should consider your walking speed.
And the crowd goes WILD.

Then things got really good when I had an entire aisle to myself. I just kind of swerved back and forth, doing my best to enjoy my privileges.
And you thought this couldn't be cool....

A few days later, I went shopping at the mall with my mom. I tried to convince her to push me in one of those firetruck carts meant for little kids, but she wouldn't buy it. Instead we just went to different stores and I searched for shorts so I can stop rolling the left side of my pants up in this fashion.
Do I see the next hipster trend coming along?

One of the stores we were in, Gap, I had tried on a pair of shorts and my boot was off since it's kind of like a big shoe, and I grossed out another mom. It wasn't on purpose of course, she was just standing there awkwardly and I needed to show my mom to get her opinion. The interaction between me and the other mom looked kind of like this:
 *Exposure exaggerated for dramatic effect.

A huge bonus at the mall was that I get priority on the elevator because we're not risking me breaking another ankle on the escalators. Although, when it really mattered to get on the elevator, it was filled with parents and their children. So I rode the elevator "alone" while my mom took the escalator.


But we ended our day correctly, with a nice red velvet cupcake from the cupcake store.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment